OverScore Media is committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
If you have any questions or concerns about our policies or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information do we collect?
Information automatically collected:
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate our site. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your public Internet Protocol address, web browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, device name, country, approximate location, information about how and when you use our site, and other technical information. This information is primarily collected to maintain the security and operation of our site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. For example, we use Matomo to track your journey through our site, in order to see whence our visitors originate, and what pages are the most accessed, etc. Again, none of the information collected automatically contains personally-identifying characteristics.
In fact, we only collect this information if and when you consent to its collection by pressing the appropriate consent button on the privacy banner that appears when you first visit our site. Should you choose not to consent, no information regarding your visit to our site will be shared with us. Only when you consent to it will we begin tracking your journey through our site, by the use of a tracking cookie. However, even then, the information we collect is anonymized and non-personal, and some information (like two digits of your public IP address) are hidden for your own privacy. Basically, all we see of your visit is the time and duration of it, a very approximate location, what operating system and web browser you appear to be using (your user-agent), and what pages you visited and in what order. That's it.
Information collected from the sale of products:
Information related to newsletter registration:
If you agree to sign up for our e-newsletter or any such promotional/communication material from us, we collect your name and e-mail address. That's all.
Information related to the use of our online chat function:
If you use our online chat function, provided by Tawk.to, we collect certain personal information like your name and e-mail address.
How do we use your information?
We use personal information collected via our site for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. If you agree to sign up for our e-newsletter, we use your name and e-mail address to send you personalized e-mails on a recurring basis. You can unsubscribe from these e-mail messages at any time by using the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of them.
- To protect our site. We may use some of the information we collect from you as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention). The information used for these purposes is non-personal, related to usage statistics and technical specifications related to your web browsing system, assuming you consent to the collection as noted above.
- To otherwie enforce our terms, conditions and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our site, products, services, marketing and your experience of them. We do not share any of the information used for these particular purposes with outside parties.
Will your information be shared with anyone?
We may process or share data based on the following legal bases:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following two bases:
> Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include data analysis and email delivery. However, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
> Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
With whom will your information be shared?
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Communicating and Chatting with Site Visitors: > Talk.to
- Facilitating e-mail newsletter registration: > Mailchimp
- Facilitating Contact Form submissions: > Netlify (your information is encrypted to them)
- Content Optimization for Google’s Web Crawlers: > Google Site Search
- Web and Mobile Analytics: > Matomo It’s worth noting for the last two parties in the list, the information that is shared is non-personal, pertaining to approximate location and usage metrics, and all other information is collected only with your express consent.
Should you consent to its activation, we use a tracking cookie that shares information about your usage of our site with our instance of Matomo, which is essentially Google Analytics but less Orwellian. See the paragraph marked "Information automatically Collected" for more details. Unless you have disabled cookies in your web browser settings, the cookie will still be downloaded on your first visit to our site, but it won't do anything unless you consent to its activation, in which case it will begin to be used to upload anonymized usage statistics to our instance of Matomo.
Your consent to tracking or lack thereof is saved in your browser's localStorage, so the next time you visit our site, you will likely not be asked again. Should you wish to revoke consent after giving it, simply disable or remove the MATOMO_SESS_ID cookie from https://botinabox.ca in your browser's settings, or disable cookies for our site entirely. More information about that can be found at https://proprivacy.com/ruinmysearchhistory/how-to-block-cookies.
How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until complete deletion becomes possible.
How do we keep your information safe?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please remember that we cannot guarantee that any use of the Internet to access our site is ever 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our site is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment, using a modern web browser with the capacity to use the HTTPS (Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol Secure) version of our site using TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption for added security. A VPN (Virtual Private Network) may come in handy, as well.
Do we collect information from minors?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the site, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of a legal minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the site. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
What are your privacy rights?
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
Further, we at OverScore Media are a bit radical in that we view the right to a reasonable amount of privacy as a distinct human right that ought to be respected and upheld. To that end, as mentioned above, you can basically browse our site as a "ghost" if you choose not to consent to our use of browser tracking (and again, even if you do consent to it, we still have no idea who you are).
Controls for Do-not-track requests
Some web browsers and mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has really been finalized, but we do make use of the "doNotTrack" option in https://github.com/pimlie/nuxt-matomo, so our site should likely be able to respond to and grant your request for non-trackage. Again, it's worth noting that we do not start tracking your journey through our site until you give us permission to do so by clicking the appropriate button on our website's privacy banner the first time you visit.
Do California residents have any specific privacy rights?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request to us using the contact information provided at the end of this policy. Albeit, it's worth noting, we do not disclose any information for direct marketing purposes, but you still have the right to ask anyway.
Do we make updates to this policy?
How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Matthew Piercey, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.